Review + Swatches: City Colors Eyeshadow Trio Falling Leaves

City Colors Cosmetics
eyeshadow trio in Falling Leaves
Hey everyone! Today is a review on the City Colors Cosmetics eyeshadow trio in Falling Leaves.  I received this is my January ipsy bag and have fun trying it out.  I'm actually kind of phasing out of eyeshadows for the most part.  I tend to go for a lot more neutral colors these days and don't put much variation in my everyday looks.  I liked the oranges of the Falling Leaves trio because they were still on the "neutral" side kind of with just a bit of warmth.  This is a perfect palette for fall obviously but I think they're great winter shades too.

Swatches
This trio contains a matt pumpkin base shade, a light peachy orange, and a dark bronze brown shade.  Overall, I thought these were nicely pigmented, especially the darker color, which also happens to be my favorite of the three.

Application:
These pigments apply pretty smoothly.  The matte orange isn't quite as pigmented as the other two so it does take at least two layers to get the rich orange.  I didn't find a difference in color payoff between using primer and not using it.  At least the few times I've used them so far, I haven't had an issue with much fallout which is definitely a plus for me.

Longevity:
 When I wore these colors on Friday, I used Thank Me Later eye primer. After 4 hours, I found these colors still looked the same with no creasing.  After 8 hours, there was a bit of creasing.  This may have been the fault of the primer. Today, I have applied the colors without primer and at three hours, color still looks good.  I'll update at the end of the the night if it showed creasing without using a shadow primer.

Price:
City Cosmetics lists this trio on their website as $5.99 which I think is a great price and is pretty accurate as to what I would say its worth. Its better than some of the cheapo brands but not quite as pigmented as higher end eyeshadows like Too Faced. For $6, this little trio is a pretty good deal and a great compromise if you're looking for a convenient eyeshadow palette.

VERDICT:
3.5/5


I thought this was a nice little eyeshadow compact with three shades that compliment each other very nicely.  I have red hair, green eyes, and fair skin and the colors worked very well on me.  They blended fairly nicely although the matte shade was a little bit harder to work with and not as smooth.  Pigmentation was midrange, I've seen worse but I've definitely seen better.  Would I buy this again? Maybe. If I found a good deal on the price then sure.  I have a couple other products from City Colors Cosmetics so I feel like I'd try other eyeshadows based on this review.


UP NEXT: e.l.f bb cream review for pale skin and NYX HD concealer.   Also thinking about a weekly Indie "try out" post, but I'm to ideas! Tell me what you want to see. :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love, don't post just to advertise, but please leave a link to your blog at the end of your comment so I can check it out! (: Chat me up on twitter @tsjbblogger.